Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT is hard to start

grassy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh slx
Thanks guys am heading out now to buy a new one see if that makes it easy to start

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
the alternator light would only come on if the alternator crapped itself and the battery is not getting any charge, i think

grassy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh slx
Ok I had the battery tested and it is fine looks like it may be the starter motor, doesn't matter to much at the moment as the motor has a ticking noise and the mechanic thinks it needs to be pulled down and worked on or replace the motor, bugger I only bought the car two months ago. May even rebuild another motor from the ground up and replace the old one

VT_Boi

VT Holden By Design
Reaction score
Website
www.sunshinecoastcommodores.net
Members Ride
VT Holden By Design
grassy said:
Ok I had the battery tested and it is fine looks like it may be the starter motor, doesn't matter to much at the moment as the motor has a ticking noise and the mechanic thinks it needs to be pulled down and worked on or replace the motor, bugger I only bought the car two months ago. May even rebuild another motor from the ground up and replace the old one

What type of ticking noise? He wants to rebuild it just for that?

grassy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh slx
Sounds like it's coming from the rear of the motor, we took the belt off the front to see if it stopped but it kept going so we think the big end bearing is ok, he said to replace the harmonic balancer first to see if that fixes it otherwise we have to start pulling the motor down to find the problem

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
VT_Boi said:
What type of ticking noise? He wants to rebuild it just for that?

Mine had a ticking noise and we thought it was a blocked lifter.. $7000 later and a full bottom end rebuild the ticking stopped :)

Even though its just a ticking it can be serious like mine was.