Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT iss problem

Imdvyn

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 vt CLUBSPORT
Hi all I brought a vt a few years ago not knowing you need some iss key. Well the key is playing up so I went to get a new 1 cut to find out you can't, you have to remove the iss system, but you insurance is no longer any good because you have removed it. Is there anyone else with this problem and how did you get around it. Thankful for any advise. Kind regards margi.

bob tuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV vt clubsport
Hello I have a hsv VT series 1 clubsport near complete but did not get keys or fob what do I do to get it started. I picked car up from council as a abandoned vehicle. Car to good to wreck want to get going again.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
The attached file may help you :

Attachments

• HSV ISS.pdf
    53 KB · Views: 352

Forcedvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV XU8, FORD TERRORIST
Hi all I brought a vt a few years ago not knowing you need some iss key. Well the key is playing up so I went to get a new 1 cut to find out you can't, you have to remove the iss system, but you insurance is no longer any good because you have removed it. Is there anyone else with this problem and how did you get around it. Thankful for any advise. Kind regards margi.
You dont need to remove it. Just disable it after you authenticate with tag. Then get a good aftermarket immobiliser installed asap.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
I what way is the key "playing up"? Do you have the black key or a red key (or both or none)?

Forcedvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hello I have a hsv VT series 1 clubsport near complete but did not get keys or fob what do I do to get it started. I picked car up from council as a abandoned vehicle. Car to good to wreck want to get going again.
Sorry.I should have read post better before replying. Basically you will need to replace ignition and bcm and have ISS removed as they dont make them anymore nor can you get replacement fobs. There is a guy in Sydney who had the contract to fit iss in hsv's in NSW. ccstechnology.com.au Contact him and he may be able to point you to someone in your area.

Centura1976

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt clubsport
Sorry.I should have read post better before replying. Basically you will need to replace ignition and bcm and have ISS removed as they dont make them anymore nor can you get replacement fobs. There is a guy in Sydney who had the contract to fit iss in hsv's in NSW. ccstechnology.com.au Contact him and he may be able to point you to someone in your area.
Hi you don't know the name or number of the guy in Sydney that can remove the iss do you thanks

Forcedvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi you don't know the name or number of the guy in Sydney that can remove the iss do you thanks
ccstechnology.com.au
Can't remember his name but his number is on his website. Also it looks like he is now set up on the Gold Coast qld but he may still be able to help or have someone local you can contact.

Centura1976

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt clubsport
ccstechnology.com.au
Can't remember his name but his number is on his website. Also it looks like he is now set up on the Gold Coast qld but he may still be able to help or have someone local you can contact.
Thank you I will give him a call

Forcedvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nigel. That's his name.