Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt issue - can't get in the car :(

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Key will not lock the door now. This is a new issue. We can't push the interior lock tab down on the driver's door when the door is closed either. We have to push another lock tab if we want to lock ourselves in... [/QUOTE]

I recently had a problem with the passengers door lock tab. Ripped the tab off the threaded wire trying to unlock it. Then it worked ….. WTF ???.
A good dose of silicon spray, and all good. Not that your problem seems the same.

So, you can lock all doors via a passenger tab ?
And you can lock all doors via the fob ?
But you can’t lock all doors via the drivers tab ?
The solenoid in the drivers door seized ? But if it was, it wouldn’t lock.
Check the plastic tab to see if it is binding on the surround.

El_Freddo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
@_R_J_K_ - I don't see how this is a fuse issue as the fob is accepted once it's been in the ignition in the ON/run position... Everything on the car worked as it should've on our 200km travelled today.

@figjam - I did the forced twist of the driver's door key barrel and it finally let go and worked. But it seems that it needs to be done very time :/
Oddly we can now lock the central locking from inside using the driver's door tab like there was never an issue there...

I'm reluctant to use the key fob to lock the car to avoid the same locked out situation as experienced yesterday.

I would like to get to the bottom of this. I don't know if it's a fob issue or an issue with something in the vehicle...

Cheers

Bennie

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
replacing the battery in the fobs often causes more harm than good
but now you have two suspect fobs so not sure if you can get a new one cloned

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ

If that is the case, a competent locksmith can make you a new one, if you can supply the key code, or pay extra to get it from Holden by the VIN..

oska

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx custom 600RR
i never understand why the manual key doesn't work
my remote actually broke today and i was able to unlock my dead locked car with the key as easy as any other lock

not using any force at all turn to 1 o'clock it un deadlocks, turn again to 2 o'clock and the buttons pop up

simple

El_Freddo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT

Hmmm... One has a new battery, the other which is our current every day use one still has the factory battery in it. No joke. It used to be the spare key until the main key fob died.

If that is the case, a competent locksmith can make you a new one, if you can supply the key code, or pay extra to get it from Holden by the VIN..

I think we're going to have to go down this road. Where can I find the key code on the vehicle or the key rather than going to Holden?

i never understand why the manual key doesn't work
my remote actually broke today and i was able to unlock my dead locked car with the key as easy as any other lock

not using any force at all turn to 1 o'clock it un deadlocks, turn again to 2 o'clock and the buttons pop up

simple

Beats me, ANY time we use the manual lock on the door now it's force only.
Looks like I'll have to look into this issue too. It's not like it's flogged out from over use!

I'll give it some loving with some inox and see what happens unless someone advises against lubing up the for lock barrel. This stuff doesn't attract dust and won't wash off with water...

Cheers

Bennie

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
correct. but not as simple as just going to a mister minit
the key code is on the security card in the owners book
if this is missing you will need to take proof of ownership to holden

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
...........I'll give it some loving with some inox and see what happens unless someone advises against lubing up the for lock barrel. This stuff doesn't attract dust and won't wash off with water... Bennie

You would be better off using graphite powder to lube the lock. You can buy it in a little plastic squeeze bottle.

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin VX II Berlinas - "Vanessa" and "Geraldine"

Last edited:

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin VX II Berlinas - "Vanessa" and "Geraldine"
@RiffRaffMama - your rear boot trick worked. It took some time and effort and to some degree I feel like I've butchered a bit of the car as I had to cut through the interior parcel shelf panel.
Woo hoo! Yay me! :D Glad I could help. I know how tight those car seat harnesses are, that’s why I suggested you may need to undo and remove the bolt itself to free them up. I’m parting out a VX which has an unmolested parcel shelf I’d be happy to throw your way gratis if you ever go near Geelong (or want to pay postage on it).

I had a problem with my door locks sticking in my old VT Berlina when I first got it - couldn’t pop them up from inside but key and fob still worked - but I can’t recall the reason. I’ll have to ask the husband what the problem was again.

The bcm as I recall is down near your right foot. If you know somebody with a tech2 or a sympathetic mechanic who will use theirs for free/cheap you can get your key code through it.

I might be drawing a long bow here but perhaps the hazard lights incident is related. I’m thinking something along the lines of the hazard lights flashing being part of the response when the alarm goes off... the car then thinking it’s in alarm mode... not providing access then as security measure... I haven’t thought it through thoroughly but maybe someone else has some input on the interconnectedness of the hazards and locks? Also, the fuses often cover more than one feature eg: the fuse for the boot light also controls the interior light. I know in my VX the door locks share the same fuse with the windows and the antenna. Are yours working?