Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt issue - can't get in the car :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

El_Freddo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
G'day all,

I've read a few threads about this using the search function. Our situation doesn't quite fit anything that I've already found on the forum.

Basically I can't get into the car (series2 V6 Acclaim ~360k km) by the key fob or manually using the key. Both key fobs don't work, one had the battery replaced last month and was awesome with unlocking the car 10m away.

I've got into the boot and found the interior light off so thought it was a flat battery. No flashing indicators when the boot was opened either - alarm siren turned off atm.

I've got the bonnet open and threw the jumper leads on, still no go. I tried to swap the battery but terminals were the wrong way around. Checked voltage on pulled battery, 12.8v. Put that back in. Still no dice.

I can't remember if I locked the car or deadlocked it as well last night when I locked it up. 12hrs later and we're locked out.

After putting the car battery back in, I noticed the red
Immobiliser light flashing - I can't say I saw it flashing before.

I've tried both key's buttons in the middle of the windscreen where the IR receiver apparently is.

I can't get through the drop down panel in the middle of the seat, I don't know if it's possible from the boot - but in my case it's definitely not due to three kids seats installed across the back seat.

If we can't get this sorted on our own or someone doesn't come up with what the issue is then we'll talk to a locksmith. I'm reluctant to do this as we're tight for coin atm (who isn't?).

I understand if you're not willing to share info here openly, PM is fine. Or if anyone in Bendigo is willing to drop over and check it out drop us a line and I'll on my mobile number ;)

Regards

Bennie

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
tried to swap the battery but terminals were the wrong way around.

Turn the battery 180 degrees?

VT is not IR remote. It is radio frequency type.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.