Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT issues

BadJesse

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VT
2d7apa9.jpg

Hey guys, i got a few questions about my VT and if i could get anyone's help it would be much appreciated.

1. How do i remove the tow bar? Their is two massive nuts, im thinking they might have to be undone but there huge and so hard to undo!

2. Should a stock v6 go hard? I put my foot to the floor in a emergency situation and the car drove off like i just had my foot half way. Maybe im used to the v4 i had before and zipping around but... putting my foot to the floor and getting no power is a big .. iffy? The power kicks in after a few seconds though.

3. How do i remove the door handle? While buying the car the seller broke the handle haha! I removed the door and had a look inside, something plastic that holds the rod has been broken off, door now useless.

4. Final question haha! My drivers side door or rear right side door is making a banging sound while driving? i might hit a bump or something and i hear a thud! its like the door isnt attached? its not shakey, i have opened the doors and tried to gig them both up and down... nothing? maybe a connection isnt holding?

Thanks guys.!!

Mirkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GSXR1000
1. Get bigger muscles or a longer bar for leverage :p
to be honest, I'm not 100% sure how to remove this but if there's clearly 2 bolts to take off. then I'd say that'd be that.

2. my car does the same and its a v8. these cars are now 10yrs old it's likely that they'll be a little tired etc.

3. You said you removed it :p

4. hmmm might be some worn door seals ?
maybe something to do with the hinge, but if you've tried jiggling them up and down and don't hear anything, then maybe it's something other than the door itself??

Check the the VT-VX Faults section, quite an interesting read and will tell you about a lot of the common issues.

thekid93

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pack
tow bars easy, if its the goose neck type then, its 2 bolts under . 24mm i think.

just get a big bar if u cant undo it

2 just try a major service and c how it goes then

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
with the thud in the door, your door striker may need adjusting inward.
the towbar or the gooseneck/tongue? gooseneck is held by two bolts, towbar is held on by the four bolts that hold your bumper support/reo bar on. if just the gooseneck, been covered by previous replies. bigger muscles or big bar

Kernal

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mate vt v6s are by no means slow. For what they are, the go pretty good. Ive got a VT v6 and i can pull half a car on a BA/BF xr6. Its not a trashing but fcuk for a 11 yr old car with almost 200k on the clock and completely stock, it goes alright.

bulldozer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina 5.7L
can I have your tow bar once you manage to take it off???

TonyJZX

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore M6
acceleration thing could be trannie or torque converter or maybe even afm

get it looked at by a mechanic

feg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S S/C
1. just leave the tow ball on, it helps to park, and stops idiots tailgating, ( by a couple of inches )

2. its called the sludgomatic. Get the transmission fluid changed, and it will perform a little better. Perhaps just a service is needed as well. The other thing is going from a small car, to a large car you won't get the sense of speed. So be a little careful of how fast you are actually going.

3. perhaps invest in a manual called gregorys, watch out for a special at supercheap.

4. speaker come loose? perhaps the magnet is holding it partially in place and a big bump knocks it around. get some one to sit in the back and listen whilst you go on a bumpy road. If nothing else will be good for laughs.

psycho_smurf

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Crewman V6
My VT runs like a dingo with a baby! 270,000 odd on the clock and still puts the 4-pots to shame around town. V-tec my ass

jwk87

FJ Holden nut
Reaction score
Website
www.fxfjholden.com
Members Ride
FJ Holden's, VE Commodore & a BMW X5
In relation to number 4 the door thud, did you ever work out the issue. My mothers VT and my aunts VT both make the exact same noise. 2 different cars but the same noise???