Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt Istrument illum & park lamps issues.(Fuse keeps blowing)

M3ZZA

Reaction score
Members Ride
86 VL Turbo SL soon to be canary yellow bt1 mock
Hey guys my vt keeps on blowing the instrument illum and park lamps fuse which is the same fuse for both every time i flick the light switch on. I have front head lights but no parkers all round and no lights in the cluster at night besides all the warning lights and the digital screen that has odo,trip,distance to emtpy,speed and more.

I just bought the car off my brother in law and it only has recently started doing this.

I thought it might have been the head units but i removed both head units and put one in and wired up a normal ground wire not through the cars loom but straight to the chassis. This didn't help the problem.

A few people have mention that the tow bar equipped models that have the long black trailer plug earth out somewhere but i cannot see where.

Does anyone know where the problem is i am going for a rwc shortly and its my only family car i am un-able to drive at night : (

please help

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Take the park globes out to see if one of them is the fault.

M3ZZA

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah i will give that a try tomorrow thanks.

M3ZZA

Reaction score
Members Ride
I checked the front head lights and it seems the parkers are in ok but the drivers side low beam light has a sign off a small short because the part which gose onto the 3 or 4 pins on the globe is melted.

Could this be a sign off a problem up front causing it to blow the parkers fuse >?

M3ZZA

Reaction score
Members Ride
Take the park globes out to see if one of them is the fault.

Well mate i decided to take out the front two parker globes and then have a crack at the fuse and light switch itr didn't pop so then i put the park globes back in the right way and tested all the lights at once and horn and radio and well everything shes all good now.

Its funny how one little globe caused all the fuss.

Thanks heaps mate.