Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT kicks over just wont start!!

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
The fuel pump should make a whirring noise a second or so after you turn it to ON. Turn the radio off so you can here it.

braddz93

Reaction score
Members Ride
Red 1999 V6 VT Commodore
just went out to try again, i can hear the fuel pump turn on, so i take it thats not the problem. I had a read through the owners manual, and it said to turn key to ON position ad leave for 2 hours turning all accesories off. i did this 2 hours was up tryed and still nothing! after it kicks over and i turn the key back off, i can hear this clicking sort of noise comming from the throttle body area. its really pissing me off lol. so thats were im at

braddz93

Reaction score
Members Ride
Red 1999 V6 VT Commodore
Check for codes bridge pins 5&6.
There could be no spark. Check for spark.
If there is no spark it can be the DFI module/CAS or even the EFI relay.
If there is spark the ignition side of things are good.
It could even be a communication failure between the BCM/PCM.
They talk to each other upon start up. The PCM enables the fuel system. Or even the PCM could be playing up

Hey mate sounds like ya now what ya talkin bout, how do i check for spark? and if there is spark how to i check the BCM and PCM?

braddz93

Reaction score
Members Ride
Red 1999 V6 VT Commodore
ive also notice, nothin comes on in the screen part of the dash. whats that mean?

bhopper

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt spac supercharged 6,vp bt1 5.0,vyss lshulk
Hi there so is your led turning off when you try to start it , and i take it your lcd screen isnt switch from klms to instants etc , mmmmm sounds interesting ,just guessing maybe your key barrel is worn, bcm is nackered. Have you bridge the diag connector to see if any codes have been spat out. Also could be a bad ground check you ground wires from battery to body and batter to engine block. Is your starter motor turning motor over just not firing or nothing.

-_-"

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
i have pretty much the same problem :( but mine some time started some time keep kicking over and over,..

just few things i realised, if i let the key in on position till fuel pump stop pressurised, i could not start the car but if i hop in and put the key in and started it staright away, it started (some time)

So, if i couldn't started, i left the car there for few mins, and i can start mine again..

can anyone help me too ? what could be the problems ?

Cheers

and thanks to Braddz93 to start the topic :)

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
People if the car turns over but does not start you have to go through a process of elimination not guess work.
First of all check the codes bridge pins 5&6. If there is no code then
Check for spark. With a spark plug tester (Repco sell them)
If there is spark then check for injector trigger this supplies the fuel in to the engine. (Use multi-meter) Make sure the fuel pump is working.
If there is no spark check for EFI relay,CAS,DFI module,Coil pack.
You need fuel/air/spark to fire a engine

braddz93

Reaction score
Members Ride
Red 1999 V6 VT Commodore
how do i check them pins? were are the etc, and also how do i check the injector trigger?
checked for spark today and it has spark, fuel pump starts up aswell.

-_-"

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
guys, mine happened again this morning, was kicking over and over and over but didn't started , tried it for like 5-10mins , then sudden started from nowhere .. i getting panic as don't know when the car gonna start or not gonna start ..

another thing i realised , it alway happen only in the morning. also, after the car started i can switch off and i can start it again every time , never have any problems.

thinking about getting new key but don't really wanna spend money if it won't fix the problem tho

what you reckon about the injectors , could be leaking over night and flood the plugs ?

Thanks for all ya helps

Cheers

-_-"

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
guys, mine happened again this morning, was kicking over and over and over but didn't started , tried it for like 5-10mins , then sudden started from nowhere .. i getting panic as don't know when the car gonna start or not gonna start ..

another thing i realised , it alway happen only in the morning. also, after the car started i can switch off and i can start it again every time , never have any problems.

thinking about getting new key but don't really wanna spend money if it won't fix the problem tho

what you reckon about the injectors , could be leaking over night and flood the plugs ?

Thanks for all ya helps

Cheers

Anyone ???