Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt ,l67 weird **** please explain anyone. faulty key can cause the car to missfire

bhopper

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt spac supercharged 6,vp bt1 5.0,vyss lshulk
Hey guys ,been a while since ive been on here ,and lately I have been getting hard start in the morning at the start then become everytime the car sat for over hr and had a bad misfire at idle. Well with hours of diagnosing the fuel system to see if that was the issue which it wasn't all in spec, went back to standard injectors incase I was over fueling her to see if that was the cause of my miss no, 3 sets of coils and 3 dfi modules swap with no success well at this point I am throwing tools and abusing the missus with no good outcomes. So I was having a bourbon thought stuff it I will bypass for diagnostic mode and I got codes 32, 48 , 92 well 32 is a vat problem and there I was really stumped thought stuff it ill try my spare set of keys and what would you know after a hour of fuel system depressuring down to 10 psi spare set of keys the bitch fires up instantly no delay at all best it started in 3 months. Also to go along with that, my misfire at idle that was bugging the **** out of me had disappeared, so there I was standing there dumbfounded and said to myself how could this be, nah cant be that easy so after a hr I let her sit went back out and bang 10 sec to turnover and start and misfire was back well what can I say after hrs of fuel pressure testing ,cylinder leakdown test and compression test which was all good and it comes down to a key I cant believe it and don't think I will unless someone that knows about vats and the bcm can enlighten me would be great ,thought I knew it all but now it has got me stumped dose anyway know weither the vats trigger anything like dfi module etc .

please let me know if anyone knows about vats and bcm causing such a problem

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
there was a post several years ago with a rough idle caused by key head

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
If it starts better when it's cold than hot the fuel pump could be an issue

bhopper

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt spac supercharged 6,vp bt1 5.0,vyss lshulk
Hey guys, Charged I wish it was that easy but it has a new fuel pump in it as I had a hesitation between 1500 -2000 rpm which was the pump, I did the l67 bottom end nearly 3 years ago so just put in a n/a in her to get her going again and 3 months ago she decided to do a valve spring and drop her in the motor so I took the l67 apart did a top end swap to the n/a bottom end rather than waiste money on n/a heads , so the problem with the hesitation was that the 2 stage pump had been running 100% for 3 years and when I have completed the top end swap and gone back to the supercharged chip it was working her in 2 stages again and for some reason I don't think she liked coming from the 60% to 100% fuel pump capacity and was a bit slow causing a hesitation and due to a lack of fuel so new pump in and she has gone. I have swaped a lot on her in the last few months from cas ,cam, 02 sensors to fix the hard starting problem and the small miss I had at idle and yesterday I was doing fuel pressure test as I thought it was losing fuel pressure over 2 hrs which I thought was weird but its normal apparently so I was doing leak down test and compression test with all good compression as I thought imight have problems starting with th ehead due to boosting ,but it is the keys just went out there this morning and tried it again no miss and started first shot. It muss be something to do with the anti theft not communicating as I had a code for vats .