Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VT] Lowering and Replacing Bushes

Tw11ga

Reaction score
Members Ride
'98 VT Exec Manual
Hi all,

My mechanic recently told me all the bushings in my 98 VT V6 are shagged (done 345,000km lol)

So I'm think of lowering it now and replacing all the bushes with Nolathanes at the same time. I have been looking on the Nothalane website and they have two different kits, one for 'lowered to FE2 height' and one for 'lowered below FE2 height'. If I'm getting King Springs Super Lows and shorter shocks which category would this be?

I have done a few searches and couldn't really find what I was after.

Cheers
Stu

JustDylan

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina
Super lows are lower than fe2. By 25-35 mm from memory.

Killr6

tutut
Reaction score
Members Ride
BA XR6T
yeah superlows are lower. your fe2 comes stock on your ss, s pack models, which is the same as king spring "lows"

F l a k

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Exec
Check out SuperPro bushes as well, you can get them from Bursons, Supercheap etc. They are probably a bit cheaper and the same except blue. I have just about every bush replaced in my car with them and would recomend them. Never heard of any problems with them but have with Nolothane.

Tw11ga

Reaction score
Members Ride
'98 VT Exec Manual
@ F l a k

Ok man I'll check the SuperPros out, if they sell them at Super Cheap that would be good cause I'm getting the springs and shocks from there thru a mate at staff prices, which is basically cost yewww.
Do you know if they sell a kit for whole car or front and back sets? Or will I need to buy everything individually?