Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT LPG heater tap hose question?

tonightalive182

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
hey, got a 99 vt had a LPG conversion not factory, its a really dodgy setup wiring is ridiculous, whole setup pretty dodgy actually, anyways to the point.
I never use LPG ever, but car has been over heating recently just found its one of the heater tap hoses is leaking its the one that runs to the mixer(i think its that), a big round thing, not the one thats in the air intake just before the throttle body, its the thing thats behind that with all the wires pretty sure its the mixer, from the heater tap the top inlet on the front of the tap which usually goes into the top inlet on the engine, its been plumbed so the it doesnt go into engine its had another hose connected that runs over to mixer(this is the leaking hose), then theres a return hose on the mixer thats runs back and goes into the top inlet of the engine, now my question is, since i never ever use LPG and dont plan on it

Can i use the normal heater tap inlet hose the small one with 3 bends in it to just go straight from top heater tap inlet to top engine inlet and just leave the mixer out completely? that hose is already there just had a connector clamped on and more hose clamped to run it to the mixer, so i can just disconnect at the connector as that hose is fine its the its the extended hose thats stuffed, will this just run the engine as normal or will something play up on me?

from my understanding the coolant is routed to the mixer to stop the mixer from freezing up from the gas but since i never use it, wont freeze up, just dont want it to mess up something, but im sure it should be right just dont know much about LPG

hqdefault.jpg
just drew up this got picture of net, red is how it is now, green is how i want to do it just, the stock way how it is normally done, i cant see any problem doing it as i dont run LPG ever but just wanna make sure it wont mess up anything

Last edited: