Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT ls1 exec

99_ls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt 5.7
Hey people this is my 99 ls1 exec auto, first v8 so im quite happy.

Have got a few plans for it as we all do with our toys.

Recently just installed Original VT GTS exhaust and header system, got off a friend for a bottle of grants whiskey :)

Next plan is to change diff gears. Get a OTRCAI and a dyno tune.

Few pics;

Factory headers compared to the GTS headers.

GTS Exhaust system

Old System

The car had a single 2.5" cat back system which had alot of restriction when planting thy foot, now it doesnt even choke one bit.

Thanks for looking, ill try keep updating with new changes.

Last edited:

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Good starting point. I would do diff gear upgrade first to 3.73 or 3.9 for bang for buck acceleration boost then otr and tune (if i did mine over again i would have done this first as diff gears make a huge difference)

99_ls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt 5.7
Yeah im pretty keen to do diff gears, be alot cheaper then otr at this point and prob feel alot faster. Diff gears then OTR and dyno it is. Its all a learning curve at the end of the day ay :)

I would probably keep this car for a long time, would be nice to pull up next to later model r8's or Clubbys n smoke em.. [:WHYR8:]

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
When you get your tune done get the tuner to tweak up your auto trans shifting points which will give give you firmer shifts especially with the power button on.......theres plenty of ride threads on this forum to give you a heap of info..have fun..