Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt ls1 trans slipping out of 4th and 3rd??

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
just for future reference too much trans oil is just as bad as not enough, also you should flush the trans completely via the trans cooler lines, it drains out the torque converter as well I did this to my auto clubby and also fitted an external cooler as well, because the biggest killer to autos is heat, reply back if you need more info on the flush, also look into a product called magnefine.

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
Not being rude, but do you know how to check the trans oil? The biggest problem I see with autos, is people dont understand them, and think they just go forever.
I wouldnt have anything but an auto myself, but understand other peoples fears.

jason_85

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 Vy SS and 99 Vt SS
just for future reference too much trans oil is just as bad as not enough, also you should flush the trans completely via the trans cooler lines, it drains out the torque converter as well I did this to my auto clubby and also fitted an external cooler as well, because the biggest killer to autos is heat, reply back if you need more info on the flush, also look into a product called magnefine.

I would appreciate that bud...

jason_85

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 Vy SS and 99 Vt SS
Not being rude, but do you know how to check the trans oil? The biggest problem I see with autos, is people dont understand them, and think they just go forever.
I wouldnt have anything but an auto myself, but understand other peoples fears.

Yeah mate.. know how to check it... hoping it's something simple but if not I can get a trans from a vx as for $400.. just got to get it fitted..

jason_85

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 Vy SS and 99 Vt SS
replaced the shift solenoids yesterday... noticed that one of the solenoids had no pressure against it or anything. after reading about how to remove them it says towatch out for the spring shooting out but there was nothing or any prussure as i push my finger into it to feel for pressure... could this be my problem?

SS-Z LS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS-Z Ute
The 2-3 shift solenoid does not have a spring behind the valves.

Cheers
Jamie

jason_85

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 Vy SS and 99 Vt SS
Yeah cheers mate... I worked it out after reading the article properly lol

jason_85

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 Vy SS and 99 Vt SS
Nah. Replaced the solenoids, filter, put a gasket on as there was none... new fluid.. still the same.... just going to replace it... can get the box for $400 and was quoted $300 to fit with full flush so its a fairly cheap fix... looking forward to driving it properly going from a vt v6 to an ls1...