Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt memcal

vrclubby5lt

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr clubsport
does any one know where i could get a vt ecu or memcal that doesn't need bcm or have any vats basically just want to run the engine and auto gbox with a engine check light, speedo, temp, oil pressure light, fuel guage, alt light and taco. i am building a 4x4 comp car using a vt ecotec i have a vt guage cluster, but don't want issuses with abs etc. if any one has any ideas would be great oh and the i have a complete donor car with harness etc

aveugotone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 3.8 exec S2
hey bud, if u get a vn ecu i think.... well im pretty sure that they dont have issues with that, then pretty much rewire it all lol haha if u wanna wait a few months ill do it and find out cos i wanna change my vt ecu for a vn so i can have the benefit of a map sensor and a bit more poke.... lol seen an ecotec done without the bcm and gear to go with it, in a mud racer, he only had the ecu, it is possible u have to rewire a lot though.... cos of the key reader and #### on it....

vrclubby5lt

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr clubsport
ok thanks aveugotone, v6 conversions mob in moree do a harness that runs a bcm simulator and a modified harness so you can use after market guages so i think i might look into that more