Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt mirrors on vn-vs

stackner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
sounds good mate. was the same thing when i fitted the cruise, change the right hand switch block add some extra wiring. sounded a bit daunting but wasnt that hard once i had some diagrames ect to work from. who sais you need to buy a calais ;) what kinda read outs does it give you? i never knew it had the low fuel read light.

Lexx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II S/C S
Not sure of every read out, but here's some:
The usual, dist. travelled, time travelled, avg fuel used, low fuel light, over speed warning, avg speed, ltrs left in tank and volts to name but a few.

Lexx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II S/C S
Anyway, back to the mirror question. I should have a VY mirror to play with next week. I'll let you know what comes of it. :thumbsup:

warney

did you say bukakki party
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL skid car what else are they built to do
i like ya fuel average on ya car....

ya must have been giving it some stick !!!!

vr/s indercators hard to change??? do you have the cruise control working off the stalk too ?

i have a vn calais and trying to find the light that is suppose to be in the colum so i can work it off the interior light but it aint there...can ya help me?

Lexx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II S/C S
:w00t: I managed to get my hands on a VY mirror to play with for a bit. It sits in the VN position but some drilling and chopping will need to be done.
Unfortunately I can't modify this mirror as it has to go back where it came from but things are starting to look good for a conversion. Biggest issue should be the leading edge of the replacement mirror. On a VN it is a straight edge, but on the VY it is a curved edge. Modifying this edge to fit could result in a gap in the fit for water to get in and generally look crap!!
Have to wait 'till I get a mirror I can chop up.

Attachments

• DSCF0510small.jpg
    DSCF0510small.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 499
  • DSCF0520small.jpg
    DSCF0520small.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 500
  • DSCF0527small.jpg
    DSCF0527small.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 413
S

sobvngrpa

What drilling do you think ? does it fit in the same holes as the vn one ?

Lexx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II S/C S
The door will need to be drilled in line with the mounts for the new mirror. Then the mirror will have to be cut and slightly reshaped to suit the VN frame.
I'm not sure about the wiring for the mirror. Worrying about that will come later :D

S

sobvngrpa

picking up VT mirror

I will grab a VT mirror tommorrow 25/10 and cut or drill where ever it need to see how it fits ... will post pics

S

sobvngrpa

Update mirrors !

I got hold of a VT mirror . won't fit ... looks way too big and bulky when on car like said the edge is curved and i can't see a way of changing this cause it is slightly shorter on 2 egdes and longer on another so the mirror won't line up to door properly .....

Now gunna look into Plan B ... ? sourcing another type of mirror ( another brand) maybe BMW people tell me ... very $$$$$ though

Anyone interested the VT mirror i got is now up on Ebay for sale . nb: i have not modified it . just gave it a clean

Lexx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II S/C S
Now I can't focus on driving because I'm too busy looking at mirrors!!
I was thinking of getting a pair of mounting plates to fit universal mirrors to the VN and seeing what mirrors might fit the plate

What about something like this, off a Camry?