Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT on Gas Sucking Air after backfire

imomai

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Hi all,

I have a VT that is on gas. Few days ago it had a massive back fire that managed to blow the air-box apart and fill my pants to boot. I replaced the air-box and have checked everywhere l think for any other damage. Problem I'm having is it runs like a couple of recently castrated dog nuts. When driving, l can hear it sucking air from what sounds like inside the car under the dash on the glove box side. I have it running on petrol because on gas it vibrates and plain scares the popper outta me. On petrol it runs ok but again vibrates and shutters the whole car although its not as bad as it is on gas. My question could there be damage to a valve or something like that or ? Dunno l'm lost and short on cash so need guidence...

cheers

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
The backfire could have blown off a vacuum hose somewhere. That will cause it to run rough.
As the sucking sound seems to come from inside the car, maybe it's the heater vent vacuum controls.
Do the vent controls work on your HVAC ?
If the air only blows out of the windscreen vent no matter the vent setting, then there is no, or very little vacuum to the vent controls.

Check all the vacuum hoses are connected properly and for any breaks and or splits in the air intake ducting.