Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt over-heating

2ndLook

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Hi all i've read through alot of threads relating to over-heating, but every case is different on its merits so thought id ask..

My VT has been over-heating. After it 1st happened i drained the coolant & checked for leaks but everything seemed to be ok. We drove the car for a week without any probs (done about 1200k's in that time) now its started over-heating again. I topped up the radiator (didnt need much at all) & filled the bottle (which just came straight out through the bottom of the car so im assuming its full)

When i got my car seviced with my mechanic (in january) i drove out & by the time i got up the road it was heading towards high. I took it straight back & he told me it must of got an air-block when he drained it out. I did 10,000k's without a prob after that. Did the last service myself & for 5,000k's no prob till now.

Was thinking about replacing the water pump. Anyone have any idea's on what to start with? Dont want start replacing something that may be fine!

Any help or experiences would be appriciated :thumbsup:

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Maybe the thermostat is not opening up properly or there is air still in the system.