Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Passenger side door won't fully unlock

YeahNahJack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
As per title my front passenger side door isn't fully unlocking. All other doors unlock/lock fine with the remote however this door lock gets about halfway up and stays there. I've taken off the pin and tried to pull the metal piece manually however still having no luck. Has anyone had any experience with this and/or know how to fix?

griezy

Reaction score
Members Ride
1982 VH SL-X Wagon
does your car park out in the weather? my mate had this happen to his VT on the drivers door, the electrics dont like moister, his was like this for about 3 months in the colder months, but when it warmed up, it worked normal again

YeahNahJack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
does your car park out in the weather? my mate had this happen to his VT on the drivers door, the electrics dont like moister, his was like this for about 3 months in the colder months, but when it warmed up, it worked normal again
Yeah, it's parked in a driveway under a cover, but definitely still gets wet in areas. I'll have to see about getting into the door and seeing what happened, thanks!

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
You probably need a new door actuator.

Attachments

• VT Trim Panel & Actuator.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 246

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
It could be as simple as the door lock button (shown in the above file) binding on the plastic surround.
Have had this problem with my VT, V2 and VZ. After getting the button off, and finding that the lock still worked OK, just sprayed the surround with silicon and replaced the button.