Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT pod filter air box gone

Slapphappy

Reaction score
Members Ride
99' VT Commodore v6
I'm looking to run a pod filter mainly for looks, but I wanna run it right from the engine so I can be rid of the air box and everything but there is the metal plate on the tubing with all the plugs and all that. I imagine I need that, is there a work around or a how to? I Google's with no real success.

cor3yz

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT Wagon Exec / VK 202 EFI
That is your air mass meter. If you wish for your car to run smoothly, you will need it.
IMO leave the airbox alone and leave pod filter for race cars. Plus they are annoyingly loud.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
research cold air intake and then ask yourself why you want to remove one

xVTx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
research cold air intake and then ask yourself why you want to remove one

This^^

If you want a pod then get a mace cold air intake then get the perspex lid with it, then you can still see the pod.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Nah, just rip it all ou and she will be sweet. I think pod filters are good for 30rwkw. What you can do is get a Y pipe so you can mount two pod filters and gain 60rwkw easy. Well, might need some fuel additive to bring the octane up since your car will be sucking so much air.
You can get a chip that goes in the cable that goes to the airbox at the moment moment. Since the airbox is gone this will give more torque and some say it will make the car sound like a v8.

Good luck and don't listen to the haters brah.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Nah, just rip it all ou and she will be sweet. I think pod filters are good for 30rwkw. What you can do is get a Y pipe so you can mount two pod filters and gain 60rwkw easy. Well, might need some fuel additive to bring the octane up since your car will be sucking so much air.
You can get a chip that goes in the cable that goes to the airbox at the moment moment. Since the airbox is gone this will give more torque and some say it will make the car sound like a v8.

Good luck and don't listen to the haters brah.

best advice! this guy aint lying adding to this to cope with the extra air and fuel get some high preformance spark plugs and leads man the gains from all this will blow ur mind, ls1's aint got nothing on you

Slapphappy

Reaction score
Members Ride
99' VT Commodore v6
I'm not after gain, I want to clean up the engine bay. I could run the pod down too the fog light holes in my bumper so I won't need the intake as it will be doing it that way. I'll run a mesh to keep **** out of it I just wanna get rid of the box.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
LOL these mods require police mode turned on to be fully sick

Slapphappy

Reaction score
Members Ride
99' VT Commodore v6
Wut.

Pods are legal in SA so long as it's secured. Doesn't even need any cover, although a shroud is obviously a good idea.

Might just get a Lukey panel instead.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
sorry mate we're having a bit of fun at your expense.
we get so many posts from new P platers with similar questions
to clean up your engine bay, paint your plenum cover and clean everything else
a pod filter may impress a 16 year old but anyone else will see it as a w_ _nker
be very careful if you use any of the oiled filters as the oil will destroy your MAF sensor.
you probably are not making enough power to justify changing the filter from stock
keep it serviced well, not ebay parts
get a nice set of wheels, not rediculous size, maybe lower it an inch or so, again don't get carried away.
you don't want the cops slapping a canary on it every other day
a car that does not break down will impress your mates and girls a lot more than a pod filter