Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT pod

phatvtcom

Reaction score
Members Ride
'99 VT
I know this has been mentioned a thousand times but sorry, i have searched and still not satisfied...All i want to know straight up is if a pod filter can fit in a VT airbox and if so will i need any type of adapters to connect it or does it jus go straight on?? Also would i be better off with this or a panel filter??

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
If you want to connect it to the VT pipe then yes you will need an adaptor.
The mouth on most pods is the same size as the VT intake pipe so you will need the adaptor for it.

Though there are some pods out there with smaller mouthes that will fit inside the VT pipe.

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
It wll fit into the airbox aslong as you have an adaptor.

Mines inside the box;)

DSCF3251.jpg

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
why would you put a pod filter in an air box...?

The idea of a pod filter is that it, in most cases, has more surface area than a panel filter and thus if able to filter a higher volume of air than a panel filter thus making it easier for the engine to suck air... putting it in an air box defeats the purpose abit...?

And the only time you will see gains from a pod filter over a panel filter is when the pod filter has more filtering surface area than the panel AND has more access to free flowing, cool air around it...

May aswell just get a decent panel filter... am i missing something?

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
kinda the same reason why we have shrouds/covers over our pods maybe? so the pod doesnt suck in hot air.
Theres no difference in performance really weather its in the box or under the engine.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
that is the smallest looking pod ive ever seen LOL. ive pulled a wildcat pod apart and measured the surface area compared to a K&N panel and it had a heap more surface area not including the second inlet on the end of it so would flow more .but it wouldnt fit in the vp airbox .I think the VT airbox is bigger so it might of fitted in one of them as long as the box has a good CAI going to it and it has enough space around the pod there should be no issues running a pod in the box.