Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT pod

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
kinda the same reason why we have shrouds/covers over our pods maybe? so the pod doesnt suck in hot air.
Theres no difference in performance really weather its in the box or under the engine.

No... i mean why put a pod filter in an airbox? defeats the purpose abit?

You're getting a pod filter so you can filter more air faster and then limiting how much air the pod filter can filter by putting it in an airbox...

So you may aswell just have a decent panel filter which is designed specifically to work the best in that specific airbox...?

SMIT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT C2R TURBO 5SP + CRUNCH VE SSV 6SP

You're getting a pod filter so you can filter more air faster and then limiting how much air the pod filter can filter by putting it in an airbox...

So you may aswell just have a decent panel filter which is designed specifically to work the best in that specific airbox...?

this is what i thought, wouldn't you be creating more resistance as well?

danteo55

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX2 SS 5.7
yeah not much good in the box ...take it out(but still connected) and see if there's a performance change..

SuperSixty6

Alto Rullo
Reaction score
Members Ride
Landcruiser TD

Hmmm, I don’t see that it could be any more restricting. However I would just say you probably aren’t getting optimum performance of the Pod.

I don’t think it would be any more restricting, It would probably just make allot more inducting noise as the Pod is sucking harder then usual to get the air?

gsxrdan

Has this got a turbo?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
93 VP Excec; 95 II VR Equipe; 99 VT Exec
The airbox flows enough air for the maximum revs x engine capacity, the pod just allows the engine to suck that same volume of air with less resistance, therfore more efficiently. Given the VT's have otr cai, you may as well put the pod in the box if you can, as its cooler air and partially pressurised (at speed).

HARVZ-6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT spac super6
a high flow panel in the factory box with standard cai is deffinatly an improvement

but with my personal results the pod still gave better response + gained .5psi in boost..

BUT soon as the engine bay warms up thats all over.. L67's absolutely hate hot air

gsxrdan

Has this got a turbo?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
93 VP Excec; 95 II VR Equipe; 99 VT Exec
I thought all VT's had CAI - the bit sitting on top of the radiator with an oval hole - thats the air inlet, takes cold pressurised air from the nose of the car (point of highest presssure) so the engine isn't sucking heated engine bay air. A pod filter in that air box will flow more that a standard panel filter, but if you can afford a K&N panel then all the better, cause you can clean and oil it.