Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT power issues?

rhivr

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 Raven VT Acclaim
Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone could give me some insight on some strange going on's in my 98 VT acclaim.

It seems to be the power it cutting out, i have 2 amps one running the front speakers one running the sub the one that runs the front speakers cuts out and the speakers sound like they are blown then go off all together, i have also noticed if i have alot of things on like this morning when it was cold dark and raining i was using lights, rear demister, front demister and windscreen wipers the lights dim, the wipers slow down and I can hear the fan slow down for the heater/demister it sometimes happens when i break, sometimes when i accelerate, sometimes never happens and sometimes constantly happens.

I put a new battery in around 1.5 years ago, its nothing special but I did tell the bloke at the time I had 2 amps and a sub. I've recently had the alternator and battery checked by an auto electrician and he told me they are both working properly. If anyone could give any kind of idea so I don't have to get ripped off by an auto electrician that would be awesome!!

Thanks =)

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone could give me some insight on some strange going on's in my 98 VT acclaim.

It seems to be the power it cutting out, i have 2 amps one running the front speakers one running the sub the one that runs the front speakers cuts out and the speakers sound like they are blown then go off all together, i have also noticed if i have alot of things on like this morning when it was cold dark and raining i was using lights, rear demister, front demister and windscreen wipers the lights dim, the wipers slow down and I can hear the fan slow down for the heater/demister it sometimes happens when i break, sometimes when i accelerate, sometimes never happens and sometimes constantly happens.

I put a new battery in around 1.5 years ago, its nothing special but I did tell the bloke at the time I had 2 amps and a sub. I've recently had the alternator and battery checked by an auto electrician and he told me they are both working properly. If anyone could give any kind of idea so I don't have to get ripped off by an auto electrician that would be awesome!!

Thanks =)

Check your battery earth cable.

rhivr

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 Raven VT Acclaim
cool thanks ill check it out tomorrow! =)