Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Power window problem

shapers

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT s2
Hey, long time lurker first time poster.
Ive come across a problem on my driver side window where yesterday it went down but would not go back up, then kind of just dropped down.
Ive taken the door trim off and have seen a guy with a similar problem saying it was most like due to the plastic slider thing being stuffed.
Anyway at the moment im kind of stuck with this issue (as seen in the picture) where im guessing the window has to be sitting on that thing thats up against it?
How do i go about getting it back under the window as theres no give in it and i dont want to be scratching the tint anymore than i already have :S/
Appreciate any help,
Cheers
lKeNBvn.jpg

pY6t0UP.jpg

z900collector

Reaction score
Members Ride
99VT 99VSUTE
Hey, long time lurker first time poster.
Ive come across a problem on my driver side window where yesterday it went down but would not go back up, then kind of just dropped down.
Ive taken the door trim off and have seen a guy with a similar problem saying it was most like due to the plastic slider thing being stuffed.
Anyway at the moment im kind of stuck with this issue (as seen in the picture) where im guessing the window has to be sitting on that thing thats up against it?
How do i go about getting it back under the window as theres no give in it and i dont want to be scratching the tint anymore than i already have :S/
Appreciate any help,
Cheers

The plastic sliders break after a few years, its a common issue, Ive done both front doors now, they are white plastic and I bet they are sitting in the bottom of the door, go to a holden dealer and get 2 for each door and buy a spare 2 for the other door. Dead easy to put in once you take the door interior off.

Sid

elless1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS
Youre going to have to get your hand in there,push the steel from the glass and either pull the glass
up or move the scissors by pressing the button. Watch your hands.Good if you have a mate to help.

The scissors hold the plastic bits that have broken, move them into an easy spot to fit the new
clips. I struggled and curse and swore doing it in an arkward position not realising i could
press the button and move the scissors into an easier spot.

Good luck.

gregbark

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SERIES 2 SV6 WAGON
You can get them from Rare Spares as WRK1006 at 2 per pack. This is what you require.

shapers

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT s2
Hey all, thanks for the replies! Ended up taking the door apart and found that the plastic slider broke as you said but along with this the entire regulator arm came apart somehow so i just purchased a new one off ebay for $20, working great now apart from the scratched tint.
Appreciate the help :)

Last edited: