Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt problem

fasamr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt 3.8 ltz
my vt shakes from behind like its doing belly dance donno wats the problem please help me out.

and when i try to tight the nut of the front boht side tyre when i apply force on the spanner not just the wheel complete including hub , barakes the complete thing moves foward about 2" when i realese force on spanner the wheel comes back to its position.

i got it check by the alignment and ballancing person he said that i need to replace the cross member busch they are located in front behind bumper in round shape.

please any body can tell me that after replacing them this problem will be fixed ,

and how to replace i guess its easy there is one big nut and four small nuts around it, do i need to take care of something before replacing, the big nut is holding the tensioner rod

thankyou in advance

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2017 Captiva.
I think you should get that fixed urgently, it sounds dangerous. The bush you are talking about is the radius rod bush or damper and it easy to replace but the big nut can be difficult to undo, you will probably need a socket and a long bar for leverage. The nut must be done up very tight when you replace it, 140-155 Nm. I had difficulty getting mine that tight.