Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Problems

Longman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6.0 Auto
Kunu, I didn't know either as they were perfectly covered by paint. It wasn't until a member of this forum told me that I poked around and found them!

Kunu

chasing the big 300!!!
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
97VT SSsuper6(179rwkw),daily barina,2008 VE Clubby
Kunu, I didn't know either as they were perfectly covered by paint. It wasn't until a member of this forum told me that I poked around and found them!

might have a look today extra holes is always a good things esp when its on a friggin leakin boot haha

clee1033

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series 1 V6
kinda close, one side is not warped warped but they where not fully sealed, loose kind of where i think water could get incant see any water inside, might have to pull all the pannels off and get the hose and see but i dont really want to pull door pannels off, and around the seat belt to get to get behind pillar covers to see if it was that, i think it would be a bit of work, door rubbers and channels look good there not broken and dont look to old, have no idea really,waters driving me crazy, gives it a bad smell, cant get people in my car have it closed up for a couple days, and if it keeps it up as i have no garage my floor will rot out oneday

clee1033

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series 1 V6
also would have no idea where to look for these holes, would take for ever, and i dont have a drill, lol ghetto broadmeadow with no garage side street job

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
The water gets in between the garnish and the boot, there is a gasket there that doesnt last very long.

When you have the boot up you will see along the seal of the boot skins 2 lumps, I assume that is where the putty/paint is blocking the holes. I would try do mine today and tell you but its been pissing down here and if I open my boot everything in there will get soaked. Maybe Ill just try lift it half a foot and poke the holes with a screw driver and see if it works.

clee1033

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series 1 V6
Keep me posted, but something needs to get done soon, more with the back of the car, my partner left me l8tly, and took my 8 month old daughter with her, and i dont want to stick her in the back of the car when it smells that bad and its that wet

Longman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6.0 Auto
Haha, I have a garage but it's full of a vintage restoration so the car stays outside as well. you can still pull off the moulding inside and leave it hanging on the seatbelt, at least you may see where the waters coming from then.

Longman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6.0 Auto
2DIE, that is exactly where the holes are. I used a small screwdriver and poked them out.

clee1033

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series 1 V6
ill go out there soon and see what i can find, ill post back results,

Kunu

chasing the big 300!!!
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
97VT SSsuper6(179rwkw),daily barina,2008 VE Clubby