Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Radio issues

Sam_100

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6
You have two options as far as I'm aware:

1. You can call the dealer, quote the car's VIN and they will give you the pin. About 8 years ago it cost me about $20 to get the pin. Don't know how much it would be now. The only catch is that if the radio is not the original the pin will not work.

2. This will require some patience. You can list all the possible codes on a word doc, print it out and them randomly input numbers and cross them of one by one. I tried doing this but ran out of patience. The annoying this was that I was one number off after about 20 tries and gave up and went to the dealer. The radio times out after 3-4 attempts and you have to wait 15 minutes.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim
You have two options as far as I'm aware:

1. You can call the dealer, quote the car's VIN and they will give you the pin. About 8 years ago it cost me about $20 to get the pin. Don't know how much it would be now. The only catch is that if the radio is not the original the pin will not work.

2. This will require some patience. You can list all the possible codes on a word doc, print it out and them randomly input numbers and cross them of one by one. I tried doing this but ran out of patience. The annoying this was that I was one number off after about 20 tries and gave up and went to the dealer. The radio times out after 3-4 attempts and you have to wait 15 minutes.
Ill try my luck with the dealer, if that doesn't work, expect a video of this head unit being smashed with a sledgehammer ;)

Sam_100

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6
Third option: If you still have the owner's manual it could be written somewhere in there!

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Yeah I'll probs grab one as I need to get some other bits, I don't really want to buy a new fancy head unit I'm honestly fine with the old cassette player, I might do some digging around and see if I can find a problem on a trace or something on the circuit board, never know what you'll find.

Also make sure you get the VIN # from the car it’s out of.
Because you can get the PIN from a Holden dealer if the number the wrecker provides doesn’t work.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
4th option
list where you are and maybe a jc member with a tech2 may live nearby