Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt rear irs upgrade to vz irs

Paully83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT s2
Hi I have a S2 vt and I'm thinking about upgrading the rear I have found a wreck vz with front damage so the rear is all in good condition is it an easy conversion to do or a waste of time

Cashman_309

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Calais
It's not a waste of time but its not easy.

If you've got a few strong mates with little to no mechanical experience, you might be able to do it in a day.

Paully83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT s2
Cool thanks mate.. I've not long replaced the centre in the vt and that was a pain but the car itself has a camber kit and sits on ultra lows and the rear tyres don't toe too bad. Might just have to see how many mates I can find to help me out then

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
If you have camber kits now and the tyres are wearing pretty good, don't fix what ain't broke.

The main reason people fit the adjustable rear end is to get adjustment because the tyres are wearing. If yours aren't, leave it alone.

If you want to do it just because, then knock yourself out.

M

mwb235

Hi I have a S2 vt and I'm thinking about upgrading the rear I have found a wreck vz with front damage so the rear is all in good condition is it an easy conversion to do or a waste of time

Have a look at this link:

http://www.whiteline.com.au/articles/WL_White_paper_VT_toe_link.pdf

I know it's old (2002) but it may help you decide if it's worth doing. Obviously in 2002 the VX series 2 had just come out the previous year, so maybe someone's found a better way since then. I looked at doing this when i first got my VT series 1 but ended up fitting King Springs and a 2-way camber kit (didn't need 4-way). Did the job for me but not every VT has the same camber issues - i'm told on some VT's a camber kit does nothing.

Paully83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT s2
I'm managing to wear around 70% easily of tyre thought just in the long run it might be a good upgrade but thanks for the advise everyone much appreciated