Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT remote not working, cranks fires then dies

merlinnn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5L
Hi Everyone,

Great website and very informative! I have done many searches and still can't get to the bottom of the problem with my VT.

Last night came home and went to lock the car with the remote and noticed it wouldn't work, grabbed my second key no go either. Tried to start it and nothing, it cranks for a second then dies, fuel pump is priming, red light above mode button is going off. I have tried all the fuses and relays, re-set the bcm by disconecting fuse and battery, I am completely lost.

I am getting fault codes 48 cam angle sensor and 92 fan. I am thinking BCM as both remotes are not working on the buttons. When I remove the bcm fuse the fuel pump won't prime, nor will the engine crank, put it back in and she will crank and prime.

This is really frustrating as I have reached my fault finding abilities end.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

davway

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Statesman
I would say both your key are flat.
have had it happen before, exactly the same (dont know about the fault codes though) and it was a flat key - in your case, both keys.
new key fob and a reprogram and youll be on your way.

merlinnn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5L
Ok, I am a locksmith, so just went back to work, programmed a new key head and still no good, no response with starting the car or the buttons.

Any other ideas?

zoltain

zoltain
Reaction score
Members Ride
factory supercharged vt
sounds like body control module r u sure you programmed key to the car correctly

davway

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Statesman
maybe it is the cam angle sensor then - its showing a fault for it.

another spare key fob wont go astray!

MattVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec 3.8V6
I'm getting my car fixed for that same problem at the moment. Am going to pick up a second hand BCM with remotes ($150) tomorrow and get it put in. A friend of mine had the same problem and a new BCM fixed it, I'll let you know how it goes......
Cheers.

minitsbay

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive
i didnt think it would let it crank if it was bcm i would be looking into the cas a bit further as well

merlinnn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5L
It was the BCM!! Thanks to all thise who offered advice

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
your problem could have been solved by getting a dealer to relink the BCM & PCM, this is a common failure, the BCM EEPROM becomes corrupted & the security number no longer matches the PCM, this causes it to do exactly as you describe.
Replacing the BCM will fix it as it needs to be relinked then anyway.

Rob

model007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SERIES I
I have the same problem,engines starts then cuts out,remote keys not working, got it going once after charging the batteries, not sure how.Had the BCM changed 4 years ago now the same problem just when I need to sell. arhhhh.

Is there an overide for the VT?

Anyone know the cheapest place to buy a BCM?
Thanks.