Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Roller Cam 5.0 ltr. what's it worth?

Wizard064

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS
Hello
I bought myself a wrecked VT last year so I could use the motor in an early model Holden. I have since decided to go a different route so I am going to sell the V8. I have been told by someone that the VM prefix motor of which mine is, is actually a roller cammed motor and worth more than other standard 5.0ltrs.
Would anyone have an idea what I could expect to get for it? I has done about 200k so it would more than likely need a freshen up. It will go onto Ebay first and if no luck there the Trading Post.
Thanks
John

exec24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series 2
i bought my vt 5.0lt roller motor for $2000, done a little less k's -160,000's

motor was complete with everything minus trans

also yes if it has a VM prefix its the roller block

where abouts you located?

Vt_vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
carless for now
wouldnt be worth a hell of a lot since you can get a used ls1 for under 2k with around 120k's.prolly thinkin around a grand

Wizard064

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS
Hello Exec24
I'm located in the Blue Mountains west of Sydney. If I got around $2000 for it I'd be happy. One bloke from Queensland contacted me about and let me know it that it was a roller motor. He even suggested breaking it up and selling it for the parts. I might run it on Ebay again.
Cheers
John