Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt roller motor in 96 vs wagon

steelysworld1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss , vs wagon
Hey guys I have a vt roller 304, im doing a bare shell rebuild on my vs wagon , just wanting to know if i can run the vt computer in the vs ,i have all the wiring and harness , an would really like to run the vt computer, if anyone has some light to shed on my project it would be much appreciated

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
You can only run the vt computer if you have a Vs s3 maf loom (very difficult to come across and very expensive).

Best/easiest way is to use a 424 pcm from map based VS. You won’t notice a performance decrease from the map based engine management.

steelysworld1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss , vs wagon
Okay , well i plan on rebuilding the motor with a small cam , would i be better of building the top end the same as a vs and run a vs 5ltr loom and computer with a tune ?

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Okay , well i plan on rebuilding the motor with a small cam , would i be better of building the top end the same as a vs and run a vs 5ltr loom and computer with a tune ?
You just need a Vn-Vs intake manifold for the iat sensor, other than that it’s plug and play.

steelysworld1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss , vs wagon
So im better off with that option ? Thanks for you help

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
So im better off with that option ? Thanks for you help
With parts availability for the Vs maf based stuff, it’s probably your only option.

Btw, don’t be tempted to fit a flat tappet cam in place of the roller cam. Saw a bloke on Facebook the other week trying to *upgrade* from a stock roller cam to a crane 276 (flat tappet) which is actually a downgrade lol

steelysworld1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss , vs wagon
What can would you recommend for a nice day note

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Seems that the crow 4903 is about as big as you can go with minimal mods. You’d need roller rockers, springs/locks/retainers, coated cam gear, timing set etc. you can get away without a Histall but stall will always help.