Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Ecotec] VT S Commodore 2 1/2 inch Red back Pricing

DOBBO9

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000VT S Commodore
Hey guys I just got a quote today for a 2 1/2 inch red back From the headers with a new muffler (I think) With an oval angle commodore tip .

For $430 , He said the noise would sit on 88 db to 91 and said id still give you a certificate saying that the noise is legal .

I was wondering if that is a good price or is there any better i could do ?

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
If thats installed it sounds alright... not that im an expert when it comes to prices for exhausts

DOBBO9

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000VT S Commodore

DOBBO9

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000VT S Commodore
Yea that doesn't sound too bad . How bad can the rattle be , Because i wouldn't want to pay for something that's going to drive me nuts every time i use the car

And another thing the exhaust was $350 , But he said the tip was $80 I've seen tips at super cheap for about 20 to 30 bux . ??

seq4x4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
All depends on the type. Look on ebay. Had a bolt on kit for a VT wagon. It rattled on idle.. Knocking on the body. Light acceleration you could hear it rattle too. Hard Accelerating, didnt hear a thing (prob due to the note). I stand by Caloundra Exhaust. I have dealt with him loads of times. Its about 30 to 40mins from you. Give him a call and get a price. 54916035. He does excellent work.

With his help im managing to do a complete exhaust system, extrators, custom y piece, high flow cat, cat back and a shinny tip for under a grand.

DOBBO9

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000VT S Commodore
Thanks for that seq . I might try the number in future . Im going to bye the lukey system and a Guy down here named tim with the shop called tdc Mechanical was recommended to me all over the place does cash
jobs and keeps it cheap .

When its all done should be through next week i can record the sound and show you guys what it ended up like .