Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt s2 v6 ( flat spot/ power loss )

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
oh, on topic.. soz..

I'm thinking CAS would be a good check first (easy)

But it sounds like your trans is locking up way too early... and it's only an effective lockup as it gets warmer.
drop by a trans shop mate, about 30 seconds of driving and they'll know if it's the trans!
(Or yourself, if you stab the loud pedal from a standstill, what revs are you getting? also note in gear at speed with lower revs, if you apply another 1/4 throttle do the revs increase in that gear or is it maintaining revs and just loaded up?)

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
thanks coast! thats pretty much what i was getting at but as i said... im a newb :p

VH commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH and VT S2 Berlina ecotec
the converter on mine isnt always locked...but i found when it does lock up at around 70 kph it takes its time un-locking when ur speed drops.....the prob seems to be related to temp as its much worse when at operating temp

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
replaced harmonic balancer abd cas last week end. still hasn't fix it. i was thinking some sort of heat sok issue, then this morning when i went to leave for work my radiator decided to drop its contents all over my garage floor. i'll replace that tommorrow and see what happens. don't trust you factory temp gauge either, mine sits half way between 1/4 and1/2 but the coolant temp was accually 112degrees! WTF!

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
replaced radiator, replaced coolant and bled system. went for a drive-all symptoms gone. running perfectly. 32 degree day went cruising around town for 45 minutes in stop start traffic(usually it would only take about 10 minutes to start playing up).

foxrox

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt wagon
Hey there,so do you thing it could have been your radiator all along? and have you had any problems since.....