Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT sedan towbar setup fit on VZ wagon?

gemini

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon
I have a complete towbar setup off my old VT sedan and am wondering if it will bolt up to my VZ wagon?

VT2Commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
Nope different mounting sedan (shortwheel base), wagon (longwheel base) model. Sorry.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
The tow bars are the same and share part numbers.
They do differ on the wiring loom to suit the slightly different body shapes. I'm sure you can modify the harness to suit.

Part Number 92143620 (Heavy duty tow bar)

Additional parts required:
Wagon: 92143650
Sedan: 92143650

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-30 at 9.25.33 am.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-30 at 9.25.33 am.png
    181.2 KB · Views: 194

gemini

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon
Interesting, thanks. Ill see how I go and update the thread. its not the heavy duty setup, I think it's the lowest one that was available. I only ever use it for my little box trailer anyways.

gemini

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon
I just got around to doing it. I can confirm that it all bolts up fine :). Although, it looks like I can't use the VT plugin harness as the connectors at the rear lights of the wagon just aren't there :( oh well. A job for another day.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Correct and that’s what the supplementary part numbers are for. One loom for sedan. One trailer loom for wagon

gemini

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon
I sorted out the wiring. It was all tucked away and I had trouble finding the single plug for the LH side indicator. It looked like someone went a bit overboard with electrical tape and taped up the plug only leaving the tip of it exposed lol. Also, this car did have a tow bar installed at some stage as the bumper already had hole for the tongue. It also looks like someone had a trailer plug hard wired into the wires that go up into the tailgate and then just cut them without bothering to insulate the ends... $700 car. You get what you pay for I guess.

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
I sold my VT wagon but I removed the towbar first. I pulled my rear bumper plastic and found that both towbars are virtually identical. I used the