Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] VT Series 1 LSD Center

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
ITEM: VT Series LSD Cebter out of VT clubsport suit VT -vz maybe ve borgwarner 80 series 28 spline diffs

CONDITION: Used recently reconditioned

PRICE: $250 Negotiable

DELIVERY/PICK UP INFORMATION: pick up only may courier at your expense

PAYMENT OPTIONS: Cash or direct debit

CONTACT DETAILS: PM, Post

OTHER INFO: LSD Center i bought for my VN does not fit my diff I bought it off my mate who has a vt clubby s1 and was recoed 6-8months before being removed for fitmant of a kaaz center.
As i know the guy i can garuantee its never been driven sidways which it the main cause for lsd wear. From a car that does not get flogged so it should still be very tight. Cost him $600 to reco.
Note one of the carrier bearings needs replacing (should be replaced anyway) as i was was it had been heated to remove the carrier (dont ask why that what i was told by the people who fitted the kaaz)
Also comes with stock 3.07 gears also have 3.9 gears i will consider throwing in for another 100
will suit any vt onwards diff possibly not s1 even though it was removed from a series one (hsv might be possible reason)
PICTURES:
One can be found here:-
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/857724-post30.html
and i took one of the stuffed bearing

Attachments

• Picture 023.jpg
    Picture 023.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
sorry forgot to update diff seems now like it will only suit vt onwards and 3.9's are long gone

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
I have a VT series one, how hard is it to have this put in? If its in top condition im keen.

fitting is a job best left to a pro you need to set backlash properly and use correct shims. There is a thread on here with a link on how to install center and diff gears if you wish to try it yourself but i cant find it atm.

Now the thing i'm iffy on is whether it fits a s1 vt or not. Now it was removed from a series 1 VT (5ltr clubsport) therefore i assume that it should fit a series 1 VT. But there is potential that it might not due to it being from a hsv. From what we have said in http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/v6-development-modification/71234-diff-all-you-need-know.html thread is that maybe HSV were equipped with the bw80 diff and normal holdens got the bw78 diffs
I did a quick google and found this
Holden VT Commodore Specifications
in which from what i assume that series one had 3.08 ratio which means earlier bw78 diff not this later bw80 diff
Now if you wish to buy this i suggest that you maybe contact holden and get some clarification whether it will fit you vehicle.

Oh i forgot to mention its in good condition and is tight.Carrier Bearing just needs replacing obviously. Its missing the outer races on the bearings when these are replaced its likely to replace the bearings aswell. Possibly pull the bearings off the center currently in the car and fit them onto this center saving you buying bearings

I'm being totally honest in everything i say i actually had this sold when i realised my 3.9 gears were waay smaller than this center now being an honest bloke i told powerslave about this instead of just selling it anyway.
I now have it on ebay too if you wish to buy im more than happy to take it off
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=250409693294

Last edited: