Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Series 2 2000 Car Value

dfp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT "SPack" Series 2
Hi,

Just wondering if someone can give me what sort of price I should be putting on my VT Series II year 2000 S Model, manual transmission for private selling. With only 126,000kms and in excellent condition inside and out and mechanically sound. Registered for another 9 months if that changes value.

Looking at by a VE Series 1 SS or VE Calais.

Cheers

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine

Danielzke

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commy
Not much. Low km and manual will help you though.

2K, 2.5 if your lucky.

ConstantVelocity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII SS M6
I sold an auto AUII Falcon (base model) with 170,000 km for 2500 recently... Manual S-pack commo should be worth more? Really depends if anyone is looking to buy at the time, but I'd aim for 3000.

Luke_chargedvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VT Calais
Look at what others with similar specs are goin for, but I'd say around 3g if u had the right buyer

M

magnumv8

Service history makes a difference, has it been modified-this would drop the value. Clutch replaced? Tyres-much tread?
If it is as good as your brief description you will get a good price.
In NSW car dealers would have it on the lot for between 4 and 6k, private I would go for 4750 ono.....Not sure about the tazzie market.
Recently sold my ute for what dealers were selling the same car for. If you are not in a hurry advertise it high-you can always drop the price or negotiate with a potential buyer. If you are lucky the right person might just buy it-thats what happenned to me.

dfp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT "SPack" Series 2
Service history makes a difference, has it been modified-this would drop the value. Clutch replaced? Tyres-much tread?
If it is as good as your brief description you will get a good price.
In NSW car dealers would have it on the lot for between 4 and 6k, private I would go for 4750 ono.....Not sure about the tazzie market.
Recently sold my ute for what dealers were selling the same car for. If you are not in a hurry advertise it high-you can always drop the price or negotiate with a potential buyer. If you are lucky the right person might just buy it-thats what happenned to me.

Thanks for the replies

Condition I would describe as Excellent inside and out. Tyres new. Never had a clutch replacement....service agent seem to think this is still fine. 9 months left of Tassie Rego also.

I think I will advertise high and drop as you suggest.

M

magnumv8

Do it mate. I advertised my 4wd dual cab ute-low k's, service history and immaculate for 8250 as suggested by a mate in the industry, I sold it within 2 weeks to the 2nd person to test drive for $7500. I was offered 2-2.5k as a trade in on this vehicle.

Put it on car sales-costs a few $$$ but they have the most exposure, gumtree is good too and costs nothing but you will get dealers and fools offering stupid money and possibly some guy offering to pay via paypal or western union-be careful.