Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Side indicator looms

S2-13BT

Reaction score
Members Ride
'98 Acclaim
Doods,

Replaced a side indicator bulb the other day and noticed the connectors are covered in electrical tape. The bulb will only work when pushed in slightly sideways and not all the way, so it's basically a dodgy loom that previous owner has 'fixed'...

Are the side repeater looms replaceable like the tail light looms?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

VT_SS

-
Reaction score
Members Ride
EVIL304
I would first buy a replacement connector, thats probably your problem.

S2-13BT

Reaction score
Members Ride
'98 Acclaim
Alrighty. I'll look into that.

Thanks.

M

mwb235

Doods,

Replaced a side indicator bulb the other day and noticed the connectors are covered in electrical tape. The bulb will only work when pushed in slightly sideways and not all the way, so it's basically a dodgy loom that previous owner has 'fixed'...

Are the side repeater looms replaceable like the tail light looms?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Are you talking about the side repeaters (in the front guards, just in front of the front doors)? If so, have the wires been cut and reconnected/taped up, or does the lamp connector itself have broken tabs? If it's the connector then as 5LVTSS said replace it. If it's the wiring take off the tape and check the connections are secure (i.e. soldered is better) - the previous owner may have had their repeater lamps AND wires cut/stolen (i've heard of this happening a lot - some thieves aren't happy taking just the lamps). AFAIK there isn't a separate harness (like with tail lamps) - it's part of the main body harness.

S2-13BT

Reaction score
Members Ride
'98 Acclaim
Thanks. Yep, am talking about the side repeaters on the guards.

The wiring is wrapped in tape, but also the bulb socket only works with the bulbs not seated all the way (tested with multiple bulbs, comparing to the other side)... So, possibly been fixed and in addition to that has a dodgy socket. I will get a new bulb socket (I assume Holden will have these), and check the wiring at the same time.

Looks like all up there's the wiring > plug > bulb socket > bulb > lens... I'll go for the bulb socket only, and strip the tape back and check what's under / repair as necessary.

Would have been nice if it had been a separate loom, but no big deal.