Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT sound system suggestions

HieyeQ

Bec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Berlina
hey.

im looking for a sound system that will fit into the original space in a VT berlina.

It can be a screen one if necessary, i just want it to fit fully in the origianl cd player/radio spot.

Any suggestions or pics of how you have done yours.

Thanks bec

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
The VT uses a double DIN unit, so basically any double DIN unit will fit that space completely. As far as suggestions go you'll have to give us an idea of how much you want to spend?

If you were after a double DIN CD/DVD unit with touchscreen control, ive installed the Clarion unit below and found it to be really good as far as looks, features and controllability goes.

Ryda Car Audio - Clarion Car Audio MAX386VD DVD Tuner($479.95)

LthlThrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VU II SS
completely trick out the doors wit speakers off splits a 3 way split going on all door 6inch 6inch and tweeter as for boot twin15s monos on each
and some dvd screens

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
I think I need a translator :bang:

Anyway, back to the original post... As holdenboy said, any double DIN sized head unit will fit but most will need a custom trim made to make it look neat.

HieyeQ

Bec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Berlina
hey thanks everyone for the ideas! Im such a newbie on this! And i have no idea how to reply to you all, so hopefully you all read this, and hopefully this is how i am supposed to reply!! :) bec