Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT speaker setup Question

madsav

Reaction score
Members Ride
your ass
System to do into a vt ss commodore sedan 2000 model
I only have a kenwood head unit at the momment,
Im thinking of putting some Polk DB 6501 front door speakers in as they sounds really great.
But im not sure on what to do for the rear was thinking of eaither putting other polk speakers in the rear doors or going polk 6x9s in the parcel self
Open for any in-put please
Might go a sub but for now just want a great sound

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
If you're not going for a sub, then 6x9's. If you are going to have a sub, just 6-6.5" will do.

madsav

Reaction score
Members Ride
your ass
Thanks mate, prolly just go door speakers just in case i end up putting a sub in at a later time. with the polk speakers what would you say be good for the rear?

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Leave the rear empty. Trust me on this, you feed 125wrms into those speakers it will be more than enough in the volume department. I have the Polk MMC-6500 with is the same power rating, and up full its damn loud.

madsav

Reaction score
Members Ride
your ass
Cheers mate thanks, Do you think $150 is a good price for the Polk DB 6501 new from woy woy car audio place in gosford area?

vteezr

Defected
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim 3.8 S2
Just the door speakers definatly, I got splits in the front and just some two ways in the rears. I had 6x9's previously, but yeah the 6 inch setup sounds much cleaner.