Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Speaker Upgardes

And_ROOS

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV +6
Max means the most it can put out at any single time, continuous is, well, its average output. Thats the easiest way to remember it. Usually most head units don't put enough out for people, myself included, so they get a headunit with 4 RCA outs (1 for each speaker) and then RCA outs for the subwoofers.

Buy speakers and an amp that suit each other, then find a headunit that fits in.
The tip i was told is focus on the front, get speakers w/ crossovers and tweeters and an amp that will run them properly. The back speakers are generally only for passengers anyway so most people don't bother with them.

Bazzdogs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore S
yeah i went to an Car Audio shop and it turns out with the Head deck i have i only have 1 RCA out... i think its RCA. so bummer on that. I made deal with the bloke for 2 X 3ways (Kicker) and 2 X 2ways (also kicker), a small amp and a 12 inch sub, both Audioline. i know its not the best of brands but this is all in my price range. The RRP of all these was about $780 but cause it was all in one bunch he brought it down to $550. thought it was great but dad thinks he can get a better deal through a mate of a mate so my hopes and dreams of clarity are torn to shreds.... dads a busy man