Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT - Spoiler Brake light replacement

Savage74

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S pack 3.8L
My Vt s pack is missing the brake light on the spoiler (was like that when I bought it). Any ideas about were I could get one?? ...I dont wanna have to buy a whole new spoiler and I am thinking that it might be a genuine item and may have to go to a wreckers??

coasty

the voices told me to
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz equipe & vt berlina both v6
i just bought an led light strip off ebay and glued it on.cost $3.00 dleivered. make sure its the ones encased in plastic

Savage74

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S pack 3.8L
Thanks guys ill try holden first and if its to expensive or they dont have them. Ill go with the LED light strip, I have seen them before on ebay aint to bad.

h8tensv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 SV6 2002 VX 1989 VN 5 Litre
I am in the same boat. My vx with factory fitted wing has been knocked back for rego because the brake light in the spoiler doesn't work. I have checked the wiring and all is connected. I have been to holden and they say NLA and went to the wreckers. They had a few lights there but were different shape/size to mine so no luck. My only option now is to remove the spoiler to get the car passed rego inspection.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
If you remove the spoiler then you wont have a high level brake light which will render you vehicle unroadworthy. Also if it is a factory fitted spoiler the rear window where the brake light is usually situated will be blacked out .

VT13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Berlina V6 Sedan

h8tensv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 SV6 2002 VX 1989 VN 5 Litre
I have one for a VT SS style, 408mm. The old one on my car was pink to look at so I replaced it with a nice new red one from Sydney Special Vehicles, paid $60 for a new one a few years ago identical to:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LED-BRAK...194720?hash=item1a25e946e0:g:78wAAOSw~OVWz874

If you confirm you need the 408mm one and want to save cash I could put mu old one onto eBay for you, $25 posted.

Thanks for the offer VT13. I am not sure of the size as the wing is still on the car. The one in the ebay add is way different to mine. I am going to have to take it off and as Dayvo quoted I don't have the light on the parcel shelf because the car came from the factory with the wing fitted. If I cant find one to replace my light I will have to either buy another wing with a working light or go to the wreckers and buy the high level brake light and wiring and spend a weekend fitting it. What a ******* joke to get a car past for rego.