Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT - Spoiler Brake light replacement

VT13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Berlina V6 Sedan
Just go to the SSV website, they have all types. Send them an email with a picture of yours as installed and the rough dimensions of length and width. They will hook you up with a new replacement no problems.

By the way, if you do replace it, which I think is a better option than sourcing and installing a high mount, I had no problem replacing mine without removing the spoiler. I just took out the screws and it popped down a few inches, cut and stripped the wires for the old lamp assy and then cut all but 4 inches of the new lamps wire off and soldered up. Good idea when joining the new wires to stagger the cut, maybe an inch separation for each solder. This just stops making the join to fat to go back through the hole once you insulate the wires.

Last edited:

h8tensv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 SV6 2002 VX 1989 VN 5 Litre
Cheers. I will have a look at their site.

h8tensv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
I have checked their website and I think I have found one they sell that will fit. Placing an order now. $77 will be a lot better than trying to add a light to the parcel shelf. Thanks for the info on their site VT13.

h8tensv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Update time. Just received my new light in the mail. SSV in Sydney put it in the mail Friday morning and it arrived today (Monday). Very happy with them. Now light is installed and time to get my car passed for rego.

VT13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Berlina V6 Sedan
Good stuff mate, SSV are a good supplier and a $77 spend to rectify your issue is a good outcome.