Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT SS and VT Calais

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
i thought the ss kit was the same as the calais with the exception of the calais skirting being silver?? any info please.

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
Nah, the SS kit is different, but its pretty common to see them on a calais.
Firstcar017.jpg
4981630.jpg

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
MikesVT said:
Nah, the SS kit is different, but its pretty common to see them on a calais.
Firstcar017.jpg
4981630.jpg
no wonder i thought the ss and calais kit were the same, i have the ss kit on my calais and didn't even know it:bang: oh well still looks nice

Xfordman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7tr GEn3 SS
dude i was in the same predicement a while ago... i wasnt sure which one to buy calis or gen3 but i bought the gen 3 and have never looked back..... feels better and i no u get the leather seats n all in the calias but im tellin ya in the long run SS is sexier.... oh and lets not forget linging em up in a legal and safe drag strip ;) ..... trust me GEn3 rocks....

but as most have said.... its ur money dude.... go for a test drive in both and im sure by the end ul make ur decision

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Xfordman said:
dude i was in the same predicement a while ago... i wasnt sure which one to buy calis or gen3 but i bought the gen 3 and have never looked back..... feels better and i no u get the leather seats n all in the calias but im tellin ya in the long run SS is sexier.... oh and lets not forget linging em up in a legal and safe drag strip ;) ..... trust me GEn3 rocks....

but as most have said.... its ur money dude.... go for a test drive in both and im sure by the end ul make ur decision

Dude u do know u can get gen 3 calais' right?

patulllose- The calais has more of the little mod cons that people have mentioned, but like you mentioned looks pretty ordinary exterior wise in its stock form. Have you seen one with the hbd kit though? If you want all the extra features of the calais with a more 'sporty' look it might be the solution for u. Thats what we did, and it stands out from the multitude of bog stock ss's :yeah: