Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt ss battery light? :O

Dee jay

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.0 Ltr manual & 96 WRX
Hey everyone long time since I've asked something! Just wondering anyone know why the battery light keeps comming on when ever I hit 4k revs it's a new battery put in 2 weeks ago what could this be? And also after going for a drive when I put my foot on the clutch it makes a stretching noise kinda worried about it cheers heaps!

Dee jay

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.0 Ltr manual & 96 WRX
Battery light is an indication your alternator is faulty.
yea that's what I thought but when I got the new battery he checked it and said its the best one he's seen in a commy iin years! So yea anything else you recon?

som

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive
I'd still be checking the alternator again cos if the regulator is overcharging your "new" battery it won't be "new" for very long.And anyone that makes stupid statements like "best one he's seen in a commy for years" is talking crap.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
The brushes in the voltage regulator attached to the alternator in a VT 5.0l wear down over time. To start with, you get the battery light coming on intermittently and gradually more often as the brushes continue to wear until the alternator won't charge anymore. Easy and cheap to buy and install a new voltage regulator (around $30 last time I had to buy one). Make sure you disconnect the battery first before you try and replace the voltage regulator.