Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT SS exhaust

paulforaname

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS
hi all,

just need a bit of info regarding a VT SS i brought, its a 5L with pacemaker extractors going into 2 CATS then into a single, what i have noticed is before i brought it someone fitter a resignator at the rear ? looks brand new, now the engine is sweet and runs smooth but there is hardly any engine noise or much at the rear, my last car was a VS SS which had a single cat and 2.5 system but sounded like a real V8 at the engine and at the rear. can you tell me how to get the thing to sound better, can i remove the resignator at the back or removing the centre muffler?? any opinions ?

don0xer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Calais 3.8L Supercharged
jump under ur car and take off the rear muffler, only 2 clamps holding it together, start her up if you like the sound go to an exhaust place and make up straight pipes out or even a hotdog muffler

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
It was probably put on to quieten it down either to sell, or because it droned, or to pass RWC.

The only way to get a decent note out of a V8 is to put a twin system on it.....In my opinion....