Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT SS HSV 195 question.

MSE089

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black 6sp S2 VT SS
I got a VT SS with the ?HSV195 upgrade.
someone told me its already got HSV extractors and what not.
i was thinkin bout gettin the exhaust done(extractors and cats with 2.5 twin systems)

If it already comes out with some exhaust work would it be worth getting the exhaust upgrade? or am i hearing lies?

What other upgrade does the HSV195 give you?

andyos

Ozzie 98 Clubby
Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT CLUBSPORT 5.0L
In my 5.0L Clubsport the things that was changed by HSV to achieve 195 kw was HSV extractors to 2 1/4 stainless HSV exhaust system, cold air intake and the chip tuned by HSV with the exhaust to get 195kw instead of 175kw. Hsv also changed the cam and had roller rockers in the engine.From what i read and been told whilst the HSV system is good a set of pacemaker / di fillipino etc extractors flow better than the HSV ones.Also the 2 1/2 inch pipe will sound better and slightly better performance than the 2 1/4.Keep in mind that it is reccomended to get a retune after changing these things. Apart from performance i am not sure what your SS has had done by HSV but the Clubsport has lots of other extras like suspension etc.
So i believe there are small gains to be had in performance but larger gains in sound if you choose the right exhaust system....

MSE089

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black 6sp S2 VT SS
yeah i didnt think it would make a lots of difference in performance but was hoping for a better sounds.
im thinkin of gettin pacemaker extractors (or 'advance') but pacemaker are cheaper with stainless steel high flow cats into the twin 2.5 system.

Is payin more for the 'advance' extractors worth it? Its only 680 for pacemaker or 800 for advance.