Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT SS Series 2 5.7

johnvtls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
E92 BWM 335I
Nah it's not the same, just at first glance looked like it. Had a look at GMM website and yeah it's different to ebay. Did you notice a difference getting an OTR? Or did you do other mods when you did it?

Got a tune and otr at the same time. goes pretty well with the tune compared to wat it was but u get used to it pretty quicky. i think the otr is worth like 10kws or somthing like that. i think u can get MAF ones if u dont wanna get ur car tuned but i recomend u get a mafless tune

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
Got a tune and otr at the same time. goes pretty well with the tune compared to wat it was but u get used to it pretty quicky. i think the otr is worth like 10kws or somthing like that. i think u can get MAF ones if u dont wanna get ur car tuned but i recomend u get a mafless tune

Yeah i have a mail order mafless tune from Enhanced Automotive, made a big difference, just don't have an OTR yet. Not sure whether i should get one or forget it and use the $500 or so dollars and put it towards a cam.

johnvtls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
E92 BWM 335I
Yeah i have a mail order mafless tune from Enhanced Automotive, made a big difference, just don't have an OTR yet. Not sure whether i should get one or forget it and use the $500 or so dollars and put it towards a cam.

mate to be honest if ur gonna spend the big buks to get a cam u may aswell have one. i dont think the cam will work too well without it, also id recomend getting a custom tune on the dyno after the cam to make sure everythings just right. how does the car go with a mail order tune anyways? is it a big diference?

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
mate to be honest if ur gonna spend the big buks to get a cam u may aswell have one. i dont think the cam will work too well without it, also id recomend getting a custom tune on the dyno after the cam to make sure everythings just right. how does the car go with a mail order tune anyways? is it a big diference?

Yeah big difference with mail order tune. There was a difference when i put on extractors and exhaust, and just as big a difference when i tuned it afterwards. The cam package comes with a proper tune, all up it's about 3k for the cam package.

johnvtls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
E92 BWM 335I
Yeah big difference with mail order tune. There was a difference when i put on extractors and exhaust, and just as big a difference when i tuned it afterwards. The cam package comes with a proper tune, all up it's about 3k for the cam package.

3k is a very decent price for a cam package. is that with valve springs etc?

Ripcell

R8 FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
324rwkw MY06 VZ R8 Maloo M6
3k is a very decent price for a cam package. is that with valve springs etc?

hey mate, im getting my ss tuned in september and GMM seem to be my choice atm, how was your experience with them and how was the difference with it? fuel economy and performance?

cheers

johnvtls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
E92 BWM 335I
mate my experience with them was fantastic, 10/10 for customer service. they take ur car, give u a courtesy car and phonsey answers any questions u ask. As for the tune its pretty good. really gets the car going. My fuel economy atm is pretty average, im pretty sure my o2 sensors are on the way out. but if ur concerned about fuel economy GMM do a fuel saver tune but u dont pick up as much power. my car was 180rwkws with just exhaust. after an few hours its now 214 but more in the 220rwkws range just because my rear tyres were really worn and ended up causing vibration on the dyno etc etc

jamesl_VTSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
[PHATSS]
coming along at a rather rapid pace mate. should really get going once you get the cam thrown in.

you gonna go cam & heads? or just cam.

johnvtls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
E92 BWM 335I
finally got diff gears in... but its fairly wet making it a fun drive. so couldnt really push it much. but it does seem to go well.

also im bloody over 19's, ssl's and vt's ****ty camber. apparently another one of my tyres has a split in it. these tyres last all of 3 weeks. they were cheap second handies but still.

Last edited: