Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT SS sound upgrading

robbo000

Reaction score
Members Ride
s2 VT SS
hey all thinking about puting some new speakers into my S2 vt ss
ive been told i need 6'' splits ??? will 6.5 not fit in the vt models ? also what size for the rears fit

i got a sony xavw1 double din in dash dvd player just wondering if i install that will i have to install a amp to run the speakers or will the amp in the Head unit be enough, not looking for anything to amazing in the sound compartment. dvd headuit has 4x 52W what use reckon ?

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Splits for the front yes. 6.5 will fit with some minor alteration of the door pod. I have 6.5 in my vz and i just cut the pod a bit to suit the speaker without any problems.

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Yep as juzo said you can fit 6.5" speakers in the VTs, you just need to modify the pod a touch. If youre not after anything amazing then i'd suggest going with a set of 6-6.5" coaxials in the front doors and a set of 6x9s in the parcel shelf. These rear speakers will give you a little more bass and volume. Run them from the head-unit for now, and see how it goes.......if you want more volume from the speakers then an amp will give you that. Ive provided some links to ideal speakers for the front and rear. Might also be worth reading my thread "planning a system on a budget"...the $500 system would suit you.

Front Speakers:

Ryda Car Audio - Kenwood Car Audio KFC-M1628A Car Speakers($79.95)
Ryda Car Audio - JBL GTO6527S 6" Car Speakers($99.95)
Ryda Car Audio - JVC Car Audio CS-HX637 6" Car Speakers($73.55)

Rear Speakers:

Ryda Car Audio - Pioneer Car Audio TS-A6972E Car Speakers($92.95)
Ryda Car Audio - Soundstream PCS6.9 Picasso - 6x9" Speakers($123.75)
Ryda Car Audio - JBL GTO937 6x9" Car Speakers($149.95)