Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt ss super 6

redcv6

supercharged intercooled
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute, diesel landcruiser 100s, hq panel van
anyone know how many hot red cv6's were made.... sorry to steal the thread but it just reminded me, apparently not many at all in my colour

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Ah okay, woops. figured any supercharged 6 motor would be referred to sv6... my bad :p
least I learned what an L67 and super6 is then!
Thats the idea of the forum, to learn :)

anyone know how many hot red cv6's were made.... sorry to steal the thread but it just reminded me, apparently not many at all in my colour
You have the same problem as the OP, Holden never get records of certain models build numbers, so any number would just be a guess (if it makes you feel better, i've only ever seen Yellow and Black CV6's ;))

redcv6

supercharged intercooled
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute, diesel landcruiser 100s, hq panel van
haha cheers, although not the answer i wanted to hear, someone said try ringing vicroads, but that just seemed like a pointless idea to me, surely they cannot give out information like how many red cv6's are registered in vic.

cheers

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
haha cheers, although not the answer i wanted to hear, someone said try ringing vicroads, but that just seemed like a pointless idea to me, surely they cannot give out information like how many red cv6's are registered in vic.

cheers

Lol that would just be a waste of your time. They probably CAN access that info, but they wont tell you any of it...
If you know someone who works at a holden dealer, you could possibly get them to search your cars model code (not sure if yours is the same as older commodores, but my model code is A8X) and then search by paint colour. Would be a time consuming process and would probably cost you beers :p

vt super6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss v6 supercharged
cheers stealty the reason i ask is my insurance company is telling its one of holden special car but i cart find this any were there charging me $830 pa which is twice what i normally pay for the same price car i will be getting rid of them on monday bull shitting insurance companys

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
cheers stealty the reason i ask is my insurance company is telling its one of holden special car but i cart find this any were there charging me $830 pa which is twice what i normally pay for the same price car i will be getting rid of them on monday bull shitting insurance companys

Not really sure what else you can do. If they say its 'special' then thats what they will always go on.

Shannons are usually good at knowing normal models from special models, but i lol'd when they wanted to charge me $6000 a year for my new car (26yo with no at fault crashes/fines). They might do the same to you...

Vt_vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
carless for now
ive only seen the white,dark blue and black vt ss super 6 not that expensive either as they were going for about 9k 2 years ago

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
yeah ive found diff search results as well,,,,im lucky with my hsv i just rang hsv and thay told me how many of mine were made(vs s3 maloo)
yer i have found sites saying 100 and 250 and 500 so its a hard one to work out

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
I just bought one. Doesn't seem any differently equipped than a normal VT SS except for the motor itself. I would assume that more than 250 were made but I did see that figure a few times when I was looking up info on them. Sorry to dig up an old thread but I would also be keen to know any other info it anyone has some on them.