Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt ss wheels on a vk?

H

hocus

i have VT clubsprt rims on my vk, never had a problem, they have been on for about a year now.

darkmoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 3.3i, V6 VL in Production
Rego is only an issue in certain states I think. I don't know about other states but in NSW you can oly go 1" bigger without a new tyre placard.

17's are perfectly safe on a VK/VL as long as they don't touch the body. I have 17's on my VK with standard suspesion and it never scrapes on corners, driveways, speedhumps or bumps in the road.

Go for it, you'll love 'em
Kain

ENV5

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec, VC SL/E V8, 2x Lada Nivas
just for the record ve wheels dont fit earlier commies

StevesVK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina Sedan
Hey Guys,

Just some techy notes worth considering when changing Rims and Tyres on any model Commodore..

You just need to make sure the rim Offset is the same. You will find that most alloy VN model and upward rims are a different offset or PCD than earlier model Commodore rims, that not only makes them illegal (if you get caught) but also makes your car unsafe as it alters the geometry of your suspension, track etc... There is more to rim fitment than "the stud pattern is right". Better off sticking Calais/SLE or AERO rims for original look and making sure aftermarket rims are the correct fitment for your model commodore.

As far as rim diametre is concerned you can at most go "plus 2" which means two sizes bigger diameter rim than standard fitment, but only with lower profile tyres so your overall "rolling Diameter" is the same as standard.

Messing with the wrong wheels will not only be dangerous to the handling of the car, you will be sure that in the event of an accident you're insurance company will not cover you or anyone or thing you have hit... very expensive!!!

Finally ENV5 is right... VE wheels will not fit ANY other model commodore and the new VE SS is sweet...... love to get one... come on lotto...