Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt ss wheels on a vk?

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk commodore sl
ok ive got a workmate whos offered me some 17'' vt ss wheels with good tread, but i have heard on the grapevine that they dont fit up and some sort of modification has to be done to fit on the hub? the vk has disc front and drum rear.

hope u guys can fill me in on this

cheers cam

POVRTY

building 5L VB TH 400
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm L98 caprice
should fit straight on i think. i've never herd that they wouldnt be4

hot308vb

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs clubby project car & crappy vs v6 ute daily
they will fit straight on, i had a mate a few years ago who put vt ss's on his vk calais and he had no dramas.

Jimboss

Reaction score
All commo's have the same stud pattern, so the latest HSV or Monaro rims would fit on a VB, the only problem you may encounter would be if they are 17x8 and you had super-low springs, then you would need the guards rolled.

But in short, yes they will fit, i can gaurantee it, i have seen about a million early model commodores with VT SS rims:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

vh-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS sedan and a VK DRGWGN
the problem is with the big round bit that sticks through the middle of the wheel. there was a slight change in size with the vt. the wheels still bolt on, but are only held on by the nuts, and not supported fully by the hub. whether this is an issue or not....?

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
Thats it vh-holden, the bit that sticks out(i can't remember the name) is the issue. Cause all the strain is ment to on that part. But putting VS-VE rims onto a VB-VR all the strain is on the studs and it can break them.

vh-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS sedan and a VK DRGWGN
i thought it was vt onwards. vs wheels are the same as vb-vr

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
I think late VS they changed. Might be series II.

gd81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SII Sv6 Manual
Hub centre is the same size on all commodores. 70mm
the VT's have a stepup to 71.5mm for the disk, but wheel is still 70mm. The only problems that can be encountered are some alloy wheels don't allow for the wheel bearing caps that are on VB to VP commodores. as VR and latter have sealed hubs that don't poke through as far.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk commodore sl
hey guys yeah thanks for the comments.. thats what ive heard with the centre dish piece on the vt ss rims.. i guess all i can do is try them on and go from there. i dont want the nuts to take the load of the wheel. the hub has to. i know mates who have aftermarket rims and doesnt have a plastic hub ring with the nuts taken the load. one even cracked his rim.. but another has been all good.

why on earth did they change the vt hub diameter!! the mind boggles :)

cheers, cam