Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT stalls on first startup each day.

Vtl67 international

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Calais s2 international supercharge l67
My vt has this same problem although I can here a air leak somewhere and ideas on what it could be all my airlines look good from what I can see

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Check all the vacuum lines coming off the TB.

A small air leak won't stall the engine though, just make it run a touch lean (depending on how bad the vacuum leak is).

Also try cleaning the MAF and run some injector cleaner.

I had a lot of issues with the missus L67 and it's been a lot better to drive since I put a new set of injectors in it.

Vtl67 international

Reaction score
Members Ride
Its all I can hear while driving! Would ls1 injectors use a heap of fuel I have a set lined up there 750cc

Vtl67 international

Reaction score
Members Ride
And I checked all vacuum lines they all seem good I put my hands around everywhere while it was running and no signs of air

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
750cc are huge injectors, total overkill for a L67, even a reasonably well built one unless you are using E85. Running anything other than stock injectors will require the tune to be altered to suit.

If the vacuum leak is that loud then it will definitely be a problem. Get a can of Start Ya Bastard and spray it around all the vacuum line fitting etc. If the revs increase then that is where the vacuum leak is.

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
I'm having the same problem with my L67. Plugs and leads are only 5,000km old. Fuel pump was replace at the same time and the injectors ere properly cleaned. I think the issue is the IAC, would it be worth changing that first?

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Have you checked the fuel pressures? Pump can be good but if the FPR is bad it will drop fuel rail pressure over time making starting first thing hard.

It certainly won't hurt to clean the TB/IAC passages and stepper motor. Clean the MAF too.

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
Cleaning your injectors with fuel additives or the injector clean cans that clip into the fuel rail, is a BAD idea. It doesn’t clean the injectors properly and you run the risk of completely blocking them with the silt and crap that sits in the fuel rails, that has accumulated since 97.
Injector cleaner should only be used in your car from brand new. Or remove them completely and get them professionally cleaned and tested.

As for your starting problem when you finally start the car does the engine light stay on for a while? if so its your ignition slip ring (it's part of GMH immobilizer) its a quick and easy part to remove and re-fit.

I have the issue and can create it religiously at any point, the issue for me is that the immobiliser kicks back in (blinking security light) if I don't start the car within the preset time. The solution is to use the unlock button again and it starts first time every time.